Horror on the 3rd Floor
October 30 & 31
8:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
The Dulaney-Browne Library’s 3rd floor will be transformed October 30-31 for a Haunted House. The floor will be closed for regular business from 7 pm to midnight both days.
The Haunted House is brought to you by students in the Meinders School of Business entrepreneurship class, the OCU Bookstore, and the library.
Entrance to the Haunted House will be via the elevator from the 1st floor. Admission is $3.00 for those in costume and $5.00 for everyone else.
The library is sponsoring Afternoon Tea in the Honors Seminar Room on the 5th floor Friday, November 1st from 3 to 5 pm as a part of the Homecoming celebration. We will have old yearbooks and notebooks of unidentified photos from the library archives available for browsing. We will also have real afternoon tea and snacks available. Some of the alumni who came last year are planning to be back so I expect great stories of memories from Oklahoma City University in the 1960s. Other eras are also welcome.
Picture This event Homecoming 2012
The new study rooms on the Dulaney-Browne Library 4th floor have been very popular.The rooms are designed to accommodate study groups and meetings of 5 to 22 people.
How popular have the rooms been? Since the rooms were finished this summer the room keys have been checked out a total of 540 times.
Visit the library’s StarNet page to see when the rooms are available and call (405-208-5068) or visit the main circulation desk to make a reservation.
October is National Archives Month, so take a few minutes to check out our Eloquent Archives Database. It provides a taste of the items in the Oklahoma City University Archives and Special Collections. This includes material on the history of Oklahoma City University, Methodism in Oklahoma, and some collections related to Oklahoma in general.
The Dulaney-Browne Library will be OPEN during Fall Break, but with slightly reduced hours:
Saturday 10/12 …… 10 am – 6 pm
Sunday 10/13 …….. 1 pm – 10 pm
Monday 10/14 ……. 7:30 am – 10 pm
Tuesday 10/15 …… 7:30 am – 10 pm
Please join us on Thursday, October 10th at 3:00 p.m. in the library’s first floor computer lab (115) to learn more about the library’s new and updated study and meeting rooms. We will be reviewing policies and procedures for reserving and using the rooms.
You will learn:
How to reserve each of the library’s 16 individual and group study/meeting rooms.
Room policies & procedures:
- Who can reserve and use rooms
- What is available in each room
- When, Where, and How to reserve a room
- Presentation A/V setup and use
How to use display systems with PCs (215, 403) or PCs and Document Cameras (115, 214, 503)
- How to use display systems with MACs (406, 407, 408, 409)
- How to use display systems with your own or the library’s laptop (115, 214, 403, 406, 407, 408, 409, 503) or iOS device (403, 406, 407, 408, 409)
- How to use the podcasting and recording room (405)
- How to use display systems to show DVDs (109, 115, 214, 215, 403, 406, 407, 408, 409, 503) and VHS tapes (109, 115, 214, 503).
Will the library be open during fall break?
- Saturday, October 12 ….. 10 am – 6 pm
- Sunday, October 13 ……… 1 pm – 10 pm
- Monday, October 14 ………. 7:30 am – 10 pm
- Tuesday, October 15 ……… 7:30 am – 10 pm